AUDITIONS – ALADDIN JR.
Directed by Natalie Burkhart
Wednesday, July 29 from 4:00pm-6:00pm (Songs and Sides) and Thursday, July 30 from 4:00pm-6:00pm (Dance) **
**Actors must attend both days of auditions.
- To audition, please schedule an appointment by clicking the following link: http://www.meetme.so/ArtisanChildrensTheater
- Auditions will be held at Artisan Children’s Theater, located at 444 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, TX 76053
- Rehearsals begin August 10, 2015 and will generally be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, with some additional rehearsals on Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons.
- Actors must be 8 years old at the time of auditions to be considered for casting.
September 18-October 17, 2015
- Performances will be on Fridays at 5:00pm and Saturdays at 10:00am and 12:00pm, with additional 12:00pm shows on September 22 and September 29. Some cast members may also be asked to make a special appearance at the Artisan Children’s Theater Fairy Tale Ball on October 7.
DAY 1 – Be prepared to sing 16 bars from a song of your choice. No accompanist will be provided, so actors are asked to bring a CD with their accompaniment. No singing a cappella please. Actors will also be doing cold readings from the script, so it is encouraged that everyone auditioning is familiar with the material. A perusal script will be available in the Artisan Center Theater box office during box office hours. Audition sides will be posted on the ACT website prior to auditions.
DAY 2 – Actors will learn a brief dance combination and perform it in groups. Please be sure to bring clothes that you can move in. Dance auditions begin promptly at 4:00pm, so plan to arrive early.
Please bring your conflict information with you to the audition. It is critical that you let Artisan Children’s Theater know all of your conflicts at the auditions. Artisan Children’s Theater will be unable to accept conflicts after casting is done unless they are emergencies.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
All of your favorite characters from the hit Disney film – Aladdin, Jasmine, Iago, Jafar, the Genie, and more – are here in Disney’s Aladdin JR., a musical adventure filled with magic, mayhem, and flying carpet rides. Disney’s Aladdin JR. ‘s tuneful, accessible Academy award-winning score, with songs by Alan Menken, Howard Ashman, and Tim Rice, including “A Whole New World” and “Friend Like Me,” will send audiences soaring.
Hope to see you there!
Children ages 8 and up who would like to audition for Artisan Children’s Theater should come prepared to:
- Sing 16 bars from a song of their choice. No accompanist will be provided, so children are encouraged to bring a tape or CD with their accompaniment. (Please no iPods, iPhones or other digital devices.)
- Auditioners will also be doing cold readings from the script, so it is encouraged that children are familiar with the material.
- Children should print off the Audition Form and Model Release Form and bring them to the audition.